Monday 12 January 2015

Too Much River Cottage..?!

Well I'm not sure if there is any such thing... but when you find yourself baking bread and ordering elderberry plants on the internet, one really has to ask the question! We already grow all our herbs and now tomatoes, next year we will try more food in our very small space. We also compost everything from coffee grinds to vegetable peelings and have cut our meat consumption in half.

The bread is going ok, my best bakes had the paper stuck to it, I think because it was the cheap stuff? and the loaf I thought was really going to work I forgot to slice the top so it didn't rise properly, but it was nice none the less, kinda like sour dough... So I've bought the River cottage bread book and swapped baking paper for semolina and bought a silicon loaf baking thing. My next loaf is rising now, so fingers crossed. 



and I'm really excited about the Elderberry!! Apparently I'll need to keep it in a pot to stop it getting out of control, but that just means theres a good chance it'll grow like a weed and I'll be making Elderflower cordial and maybe even champagne next year!!




And of course I couldn't resist buying another couple of plants, after all, it was the same postage for up to 3 plants...


Now, where am I going to put the chickens...?!



No comments:

Post a Comment